This rule is used as a quick rule of thumb when you are determining the amount you should be charging rent on your property. The rule states that the grossly monthly rent of your property should be equal to 1% of your total investment on the property. Remove the 1% in that sentence to 2% and you have the 2% rule.
Get the House Hacking Quick Start Guide
Don't Make These 9 Mistakes!
Get our free guide on the 9 biggest mistakes made in real estate investing.